Sensitivity. Nothing irks me as much as a violation of human rights.

Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Before I begin...

Well, this is the toughest part. I still couldn't believe I'm writing. I want to write about the books I've read. The music I listened to. The movies I watched. Above all, the people I've met and liked. And hated. Aren't they who give you hope, despair, joy and solace? I didn't grow up watching nature. I still couldn't understand what's so great about Wordsworth's Daffodils. Not just because I've never seen daffodils in my life. May be I would have had the same feeling even if he has written about jasmins. I like Robert Frost. I liked Erica Yong once. I don't know if she'll still impress me. I like stream of consciousness style. Herman Hesse's Damien? I want to write something like that. Will that get me a booker?

My blog should answer.

For now, I'll sign off. With the Schwarzenneger's trademark words.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sir,
I am one of your common blog readers who was quiet fascinated with you first post in the blog 'A rebel in a teacup', and believed that you were one of those 'budding' authors who'd write a classic in the years to come. I have always been keeping myself up to date with you posts on politics and controversial subjects. I was quiet disappointed when you had closed the blog, 'rebel in a teacup', and was quiet eagerly waiting for your book which you had promised readers in the first post. But now, I realise, if we could go back those years and change thing to make life better, I believe sir that there is no better than how it can be now. For it is you book that is only a small part of the many achievements you have done, you have turned the hearts and minds of many people, you have brought about new aspects on many controversial subjects and if simply said, you have, being 'naive' as you described in you last post of the 'rebel in a teacup', explained to the world the logic of how being you can make the world a better place, of how having thoughts, thoughts that stir the minds and hearts of people, can truly change a subject from a loss to a boon! I believe sir, that this is your greatest feat, your 9th symphony! Your masterpiece in words! And thought I leave this comment on a post which you wrote long back, having the merest of idea of what is to happen 14 years later, I leave this comment from the future, for having visited your old memoirs, for the are who you are, who you are, in words!

30 July 2017 at 09:58

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home