Sensitivity. Nothing irks me as much as a violation of human rights.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Class

I'm currently reading 'The Class' by Eric Segal. I found the following passage about an American student dating a Dutch girl in Switzerland particularly interesting:

That evening, they drove in Jason's rented VW Beetle to a three-hundred-year old inn in Chloesterli.

"My God," said Jason, as they sat down, "this place is older than America."

"Jason," Fanny smiled, "almost everything in the world is older than America. Haven't you noticed that?"


Eric Segal is an interesting writer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Siddharth said...

the class is a lovely book.there is a jew boy in that book who is its best character.and also the piano player.eric segal is one of my fav feel good writers.

20 November 2005 at 02:30

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True. The Class is a very well written popular novel.

I wouldnt call myself a romantic but I am still moved by The Love Story and its sequel Oliver's story. Man, Woman and Child is another book that whips my emotions.

21 November 2005 at 19:45

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home