Sensitivity. Nothing irks me as much as a violation of human rights.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Almost famous

I had one Gayathri Varma posting comments at my blog and I didn't know who she was. Since I was getting famous anyways, I presumed it's normal to receive fan mails. when she wanted to know if I have seen her comments, I figured -albeit bitterly- that she knows me. After a brief detective work, I found out that she's indeed my colleague and I ended up at her desk. After introductions and a bit of small talk, she funnily remarked that my blog is turning out to be my PR board.

It could be true because a lot of people from inside my company know me only through my blog. And then there are mails from strangers.

It is also a drugging feeling to know that what you are writing is actually being read. And also talked about, positively or negatively.

Now I know why people long to be writers, actors or musicians.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sridhar said...

That was supposed to be a joke. I should have added an exclamation mark for clarity. I didn't do it coz' I dislike that symbol. And I prefer to use smileys only in emails and chats.

13 May 2005 at 13:06

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and have you got any coy mails from gals that "want to make friendship with you" yet? these are the fan mails roopa and i esp. look fwd to, from our (mostly male) blog readers :P

--s

14 May 2005 at 09:22

 
Blogger Sridhar said...

Yes Swati,

I do get such mails and I would not offend those 'fans' by terming them as 'coy mails', especially since they will be reading these comments. I don't want my fan-base to erode you see! (For those who can't see, there's a smiley here)

16 May 2005 at 05:59

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFL! Sridhar you have not changed a bit! Your comments status do show how *popular* you are! Please note that this is a joke, not to be taken seriously at all!
This post made my day!

25 May 2005 at 05:50

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"pomposity" has a new name.
Amen

25 May 2005 at 05:56

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I was getting famous anyways, I presumed it's normal to receive fan mails.

hahahahahaha. I should start my day by reading your posts.

*gets up and falls down laughing again*

25 May 2005 at 05:59

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't decide if the posts or the "modest" responses to comments are more amusing.
ROTFLMAO

25 May 2005 at 09:09

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he thinks that getting comments on a post is being famous.

har har

25 May 2005 at 10:03

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he posts the comments himself!

har har

25 May 2005 at 14:35

 
Blogger Bopanna said...

Gayathri Varma, I want to check with you if you are the same (interesting!) Gayathri I have come across somewhere...!! Get back to me on bopanna.pp@gmail.com and I will clarify!

24 November 2008 at 08:10

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home