Sensitivity. Nothing irks me as much as a violation of human rights.

Monday, October 04, 2004

You sure must be joking, Mr. Sridhar

I had to do a featurette as my class assignment. For the uninitiated, featurette is what you get in Life's Like That, and various other pages of Reader's Digest. It's supposed to occupy little less than half-page of Digest, narrate a real life event interestingly with a twist in the end of the tale. The twist shall preferably be a humorous one.

Till the last minute I couldn't think of an idea. Finally I picked out a leaf out of my life, wrote a serious romantic piece and I asked Devika to review. I'll write about her later. For now, about my featurette. She was surprised that it isn't humorous and asked me why I can be so witty in person and can't write humour.

That set me thinking. I've rarely written humour. Even in those cases, they were quite accidental and not due to my efforts. Devika's reasoning is that I'm not being myself while I write. It's Yes and No. It's yes, because I'm bad at humor and No because I simply want to refuse this feedback.

It's also because, over the years, I've grown to like issues that matter and of importance and began to dislike humour. Those who claim that I've never written humour, I'd like to invite them to my house to show the in-house journal I was running in First Computers. But what happened after that Mr.? I hate to use the cliche lots of water have flown...

Phew.

That's not, however, is an excuse to write seriously and badly today. I must revive the sense of humour in me as soon as possible. So in the coming days there's going to be lot of such attempts in this blog. If you're following me, be prepared for a truck load of bad jokes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sridhar i have just started reading all your blogs.........ALL......EVERYTHING...

You are amazing....
why don't you Publish your Serious Romantic story that you wrote............

21 December 2005 at 12:14

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude...............

I can't visit your house but i sure can visit this web Site....

Put them here pleaaaassseeeee...........

21 December 2005 at 12:16

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home