Sensitivity. Nothing irks me as much as a violation of human rights.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Emotional outburst

I saw Motorcycle Diaries yesterday. While returning home, the movie got me thinking on different lines. How many movies I have seen recently that disturbed me so much so that I didn't want to talk to anybody or listen to any music or watch anything else? How many movies that made me feel that I wanted to be drowned in the emotions generated by that movie?

That made me do the following list. A caveat for those who take this list seriously. It's not the list of the best movies in the world. And it's not the list of my most favorite movies either. It's simply the list of movies which generated some unique sensibilities that affected my emotional spectrum. In simple language, gave me hangover that lasted for days.

Here's the list. It's not in any top 10 order or something.

1. American Beauty - English
2. Forrest Gump - English
3. Monster's Ball - English
4. Pather Panchali - Bengali, India
5. An American in Paris, English
6. Motorcycle Diaries - Spanish, Latin America
7. Mudhal Mariyadhai - Tamil, India
8. Yujimbo - Japan
9. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring - Korea
10. Charulatha - Bengali, English
11. Amistad - English

I can make other lists on several categoris. This reminds me that I must start my DVD collection. Perhaps I can start the collection with the great Bengali master.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home