Sensitivity. Nothing irks me as much as a violation of human rights.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Indian Beauty

I see people around me. They are driven by passion. They are in their early twenties and they are consumed by their belief. They are longing for something. I was astonished to find the variety and depth in Abhilash's blogs. He is 25 and he shares Von Gogh's pains, writes a poem on river, has published a collection of poems(Under a Quicksilver Moon), and loves Bob Dylan and Kevin Spacey. I strongly withhold my temptation to critique his work as I realise that I'm utterly ill-qualified to do so.

I see lot of Abhilashes in my life. It's a very filling moment to think that there are people crave for beyond life's mundane routines. I don't feel as passionately about Ayn Rand as Abhilash does. Well, what the heck. As long as I'm surrounded by the likes of people who want to watch that obscure Latin American film Carandiru, want to attend Perchance to Dream, gets excited about Rand, who lends William Dalrymple to me life will continue to be interesting.

Also, as long as people don't talk to me about real estates, bank savings, cookery, investments and Indian culture...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kavitha Kalyan said...

hi sridhar,

excellent blog, but just one observation. as you talk about passionate people, maybe you should view indian culture through the passionate eye to enjoy it and not dismiss it just yet. Its a beautiful world out there you know!

28 February 2005 at 04:59

 
Blogger Sridhar said...

Hi Kavita,

Thanks for the compliments. :-) I'll strive and improve the style and the contents.

28 February 2005 at 05:57

 
Blogger abhilash warrier said...

sridhar,

you should start that book of yours.

love,
abhi

1 March 2005 at 12:14

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home