Sensitivity. Nothing irks me as much as a violation of human rights.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Privatisation and dollars

For the previous post, Mr. Anonymous (or is it Ms?) has commented that it is evident that I'm an ardent admirer of privatisation because I've mentioned the 'Indian' CD price in dollars. I would like to humbly point out to him/her that the DVD I was referring to is indeed an American version and hence it's priced it dollars.

Actually taking this argument further, it's an irony that none of the Indian public broadcasting corporations have ever bothered to release a VCD or DVD of Pather Panchali. Yes, the best Indian film ever made cannot be bought from any of the stores in India but you can buy it from the 'evil minded' multinational Amazon released by evil minded multinational Sony. My friend told me that it's available in some DVD outlets in London too. But alas, we Indians only get the battered version with flawed subtitles in the middle of the night without any announcement. So much for service orientation.

PS. Pather Panchali is available in stores in Kolkata but they come without subtitles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sridhar.............Have you decided never to talk/keep in touch with me again..............

P.S You know who.Please read your mail

22 December 2005 at 04:47

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home